About The Vice President of Operations
Jason is a former federal contracting officer with several years of experience in metrics and reporting, strategic planning, change management, performance management, vendor management, and government acquisition. Throughout his career with the federal government, and more recently as a consultant, he has provided expertise in organizational and process improvement, senior executive advisory and decision support, and program and project management.
In addition to his wide-ranging consulting skills and experience, Jason has a passion and knowledge for making the government procurement process faster and easier—something GEC considers to be the root challenge for many of the government’s negative performance outcomes.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) – George Mason University
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Marketing – Frostburg State University
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Certified Scrum Product Owner
Certified Scrum Master
Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
Impact to Past Projects
Jason successfully deployed a number of solutions within the Federal Government:
- Designed and deployed innovative approach to vendor management currently used by Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to manage ~70 active Agile teams across eight contractors (authored associated case study in Contract Management Magazine).
- Implemented acquisition metrics program for USPTO OCIO, including multiple web-based applications, business process improvements, reports, and data visualizations.
- Led the design and stakeholder change management activities for supplier management program for GSA Schedule 70 and other contract vehicles.
- Served as the primary advisor to OPM Training and Management Assistance senior executive on all aspects of a fee-for-service assisted acquisition business unit ($540M annual task order awards).
Value Added Leadership
- PMP and MBA with the capacity to engage with key decision makers and speak to GEC’s past performance in government acquisition—an area where there is a significant market need.
- Ability to align GECs deep training and learning expertise with various areas of government and commercial market need in advisory, analytics, and decision support.
- Applies an innovative approach to consulting that enables continuous delivery of tangible value in 2-3 week cycles, rather than conducting lengthy studies and writing reports that produce minimal value (i.e. traditional consulting).
- Ability to design and deliver customized dashboards and reports that enable managers to more effectively manage their vendors and staff, and influence other organizations using data.